<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Hello there
Moderators: Nemeses, Blounty, Sengar, Bobricka, The Immortals
Author Post
Terphin
Mon Jul 23 2012, 12:49PM
Registered Member #861
Hey,

Thought I'd drop a quick post here to introduce myself, granted I was advised to do so as well :P.

So a few basics first

Name: Quentin

Stuff I have played
UO, WoW, GW1, WaR, AoC, DCUO, SWG, EVE Online, LoL

Planning to do
So planning to play GW2, and already participated in all the GW2 beta weekends as I loved the first GW. And already decided to play warrior, just not sure between norn or sylvari at the moment. Keen to take part in all aspects of GW2 really, ranging from PvE, structured PvP and of course WvWvW. Hence I originally picked desolation server for the beta weekends as it seemed to be the focus of strong guilds ;)

Just other stuff
So just other random bits, about myself I guess. I've always been quite a heavy gamer, played a lot of different things from MMO's to FPS's to strategy and all that as I just like gaming in general. I use to be the guy who would be online all the time however now that I am married I need to take a bit more of a relaxed approach :P. Whilst waiting in between the months of BWE and also now waiting for the launch of GW2 I will be occupying myself with some Dota 2.

One of the things I look forward to do is make some nice ingame videos of events or fights as it's a bit of a hobby of mine.

So yeah if you have any questions feel free to ask. And looking forward to seeing many of you guys ingame at launch or early launch anyway :)

The Immortals
Mon Jul 23 2012, 12:52PM
Guild Admin

Registered Member #533
Welcome to the guild, we can always do with a decent video maker :p, I to am from SA.

“We don’t stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.”
Blounty
Mon Jul 23 2012, 02:01PM

Registered Member #9
Hi and welcome,

The Immortals wrote ...

Welcome to the guild, we can always do with a decent video maker :p, I

what you trying to say nem !sad I try my best :p

The Immortals wrote ...

I to am from SA.

I hope u don't follow SA rugby, Its hard enough stopping nem gloating if they beat us !lol

Nemeses
Mon Jul 23 2012, 02:09PM
Founder

Registered Member #1
Blounty wrote ...

Hi and welcome,

The Immortals wrote ...

Welcome to the guild, we can always do with a decent video maker :p

what you trying to say nem !sad I try my best :p

**whistling** not a thing ...totally **innocent look**

We lived a thousand lives united we stand!
Terphin
Mon Jul 23 2012, 03:30PM
Registered Member #861
Is there any other rugby team than the springboks? :P

Nemeses
Mon Jul 23 2012, 03:35PM
Founder

Registered Member #1
Terphin wrote ...

Not that I know of ..erm should we mention the cricket B)

We lived a thousand lives united we stand!
Blounty
Mon Jul 23 2012, 03:35PM

Registered Member #9
Terphin wrote ...

Im in trouble rofl!

Sengar
Mon Jul 23 2012, 05:43PM
Senior Guild Officer

Registered Member #137
Welcome to The Immortals, home of, err..... cycling and sailing fans!
Lain
Tue Jul 24 2012, 08:51AM
Guild Officer

Registered Member #235
Welcome!

Railgun
Tue Jul 24 2012, 09:21AM
Magnus
Registered Member #773
Terphin wrote ...

Planning to do
So planning to play GW2, and already participated in all the GW2 beta weekends as I loved the first GW. And already decided to play warrior, just not sure between norn or sylvari at the moment. Keen to take part in all aspects of GW2 really, ranging from PvE, structured PvP and of course WvWvW. Hence I originally picked desolation server for the beta weekends as it seemed to be the focus of strong guilds ;)

One of the things I look forward to do is make some nice ingame videos of events or fights as it's a bit of a hobby of mine.

I was thinking about going warrior aswell after the first beta weekend, but sadly I didbt get to participate in the 2 (or 3) others because of RL clashes, so I don't know 100%. WvWvW seemed great from the start so looking forward to the game. (Maybe not as much as I'm looking forward to PS2 though :D).

I share your fondness of ingame video-making, although I guess I'm still rubbish at it at the moment :P

Welcome to the guild!

Terphin
Tue Jul 24 2012, 12:36PM
Registered Member #861
I originally wanted to go as a guardian, however I just couldn't make the spec work the way I wanted to and get the synergy going with the talents.

The warrior build I run last BWE was solid finally after a few tweaks to some initial ideas I had. I mainly play it as a team tank / initiator and lock down so far. It does require the rest of the team to deal the damage but I've got ways of boosting that, the rest is geared towards preventing people leaving once I'm on them.

Here is the build that I like to run now. Also running the Melandru rune set with it, and soldier trinket set.
http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/?lang=en&code=34b6g078h63u7945cha0uu02d2g2l2o2u32f5

The Immortals
Tue Jul 24 2012, 12:41PM
Guild Admin

Registered Member #533
I may be borrowing that build ...and if its good I will delete your post and claim the credit :D

“We don’t stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.”
Sengar
Tue Jul 24 2012, 09:33PM
Senior Guild Officer

Registered Member #137
Human Guardian all the way for me now. Decision made. Loved it in BWE3. Norn Ranger will probably be my first Alt.

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF