<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
My new GPU
Moderators: Nemeses, Blounty, Sengar, Bobricka, The Immortals
Author Post
Dist
Tue Feb 21 2012, 03:30PM
Registered Member #456
Just ordered myself an Asus Radeon HD 6850 click

As it was just released yesterday they are doing 1 day only deal price of £90 (same as the pre-order price). Looking at some benchmarks it should get about 2x the FPS of my 8800GT, but may not reach that greatness as my 2GHz C2D and 2GB of ram is a heavy bottleneck. Being a pci express card though it'll last me for a good few years and when the new range of intel CPUs come out I'll see if I have the cash for a new motherboard/ram/cpu and just transfer this card into that machine.

Thanks to the regular customer bonus thing, Free next day shipping (which would have cost around £9 on its own!). so I'll let you know tomorrow how it performs. Obviously it won't perform as good as some of the SLI/crossfire setups with £400 cards that some of you have, but I'm a student who just finished my degree and most likely won't have a job for a while in this economy so value for money is far more important to me than raw performance.

[ Edited Tue Feb 21 2012, 03:31PM ]

How about a nice game of chess?
The Immortals
Tue Feb 21 2012, 04:40PM
Guild Admin

Registered Member #533
Dist wrote ...

Just ordered myself an Asus Radeon HD 6850 click

As it was just released yesterday they are doing 1 day only deal price of £90 (same as the pre-order price). Looking at some benchmarks it should get about 2x the FPS of my 8800GT, but may not reach that greatness as my 2GHz C2D and 2GB of ram is a heavy bottleneck. Being a pci express card though it'll last me for a good few years and when the new range of intel CPUs come out I'll see if I have the cash for a new motherboard/ram/cpu and just transfer this card into that machine.

Thanks to the regular customer bonus thing, Free next day shipping (which would have cost around £9 on its own!). so I'll let you know tomorrow how it performs. Obviously it won't perform as good as some of the SLI/crossfire setups with £400 cards that some of you have, but I'm a student who just finished my degree and most likely won't have a job for a while in this economy so value for money is far more important to me than raw performance.

hey as long as it gets the job done thats good enough, but those cards are pretty decent and the rest of your system will as you said be the bottleneck!

“We don’t stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.”

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF