<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Confusing problem with my PC.....
Moderators: Nemeses, Blounty, Sengar, Bobricka, The Immortals
Author Post
Sengar
Wed Oct 05 2016, 09:38PM
Senior Guild Officer

Registered Member #137
So.....my PC has decided to give me some grief. It won't boot up. I'm getting the Asus splash screen, it then gives me the following message:

"JMicron Technology Corp. PCI Express to SATAII HOST Controller ROM v1.07.23 Copyright (C) 2005-2010. JMicron Technology Corp.

Detecting drives: Done: No drives found."

Then it drops to a black screen with a flashing cursor.

It's confusing because I don't think I'm actually using anything requiring a PCIE to SATAII. I have two SATAlll with an SSD working as a cache to the first. It seems they aren't even being seen.

What's even more confusing is I can't get into the BIOS. I've mashed the DEL button and any other possible combination. I've tried everything.

My MB is an Asus P8z68-v.

I was planning to replace the PC after Christmas, but don't really want to do it from a broken one :(

Any ideas welcome!
Sengar
Thu Oct 06 2016, 06:28PM
Senior Guild Officer

Registered Member #137
Okay, so after much interrogation and process of elimination it would seem that the culprit was the SSD cache. It must be fried. Once I removed it I managed to get into the BIOS, so I could then switch RAID off, which then finally allowed me to get windows troubleshooting messages and through that, into Safe Mode.

Time to buy a new PC....
Nemeses
Tue Oct 11 2016, 07:01PM
Founder

Registered Member #1
Sorry only just saw this slow today :P

We lived a thousand lives united we stand!

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF